Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Another Week of Dailies!

Just as the title suggests, here is the next batch of character designs. I've omitted a few bios this time around, though. I definitely have ideas of who these folks are, but I A) partly want to fine-tune their bios before posting publicly, and B) kinda want to purposely withhold their short stories! You all know it's my plan to publish and release these as a compliation series, so, you know, this is just me being evil...or business-savvy...whatever you want to call it, be my guest! ;)


This is Valerie, a 17 year old self-proclaimed 'Queen of the Fun Bun'! Her hipster glasses are fake, but you can bet that everything else about this fab gal is the real deal. She's heartful, soulful, honest, intelligent, and wise beyond her years. She can sing, she can dance, play guitar, play your heart, and play along. The only thing she can't do is play dead. She's about to graduate high school and she's already been offered full scholarship to 4 different schools. She'd make an excellent dorm roomie...if she decided to keep her feet planted in traditional education. Instead, she's going to take a year or two off to travel.
The world is her fun bun!

Copic markers on Bristol, 3.5 X 5.5


9 out of 10 'Brian's I know resemble this guy.

This is former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulrooney, pictured back in his University days. Seriously, google image that.

Copic markers and colored pencil on Bristol, 3.5 X 5.5"


Carl

Copic markers on Bristol, 3.5 X 5.5"


Cassandra

Copic markers on Bristol, 3.5 X 5.5"


So, I struck up conversation with this guy the other day. He was very quiet and soft-spoken, he came off as a little bit meek, and he had a very petite, albeit lean, frame. At first I thought he was just shy or socially awkward, that I couldn't hear him well enough. Then I realized he had a very thick accent. Turns out he's a many-times-over gold- and silver-medal winning Olympic athlete from Romania, named Roman, who'll be in Calgary for the next 3 months training at the world-famous Canada Olympic Park.

Awww...And I thought he was just some tiny nerd. Who knew!?!

Copic markers and colored pencil on Bristol, 3.5 X 5.5"


Carol

Copic markers on Bristol, 3.5 X 5.5"


Cliff

Copic markers on Bristol, 3.5 X 5.5"


That's another week and another wrap! Thanks for following along, and as always, "Like" my fanpage for access to the daily uploads: www.facebook.com/ArtofLaurieB

xoxo
~LB!





No comments: