Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Drawing to a Close...

Happy Leap Day!


Hoppy

Copic markers and colored pencil on Bristol, 3.5 X 5.5"

Well, I made it to the rare and exquisite Feb 29th and I am now also making the executive decision to halt with these "Dailies", at least as we've all come to know them. It has been a good, steady run of 9 weeks (10+ if you include the ones from December 2011) and I honestly feel that this lesson have served its purpose, which is of course to draw everyday!

I have returned to work only part-time since having my baby nearly 2 years ago, and that means that half the time I am home with my little guy, on Mommy duty. I have found that on some days it is all I can do to get a single daily done while he naps and/or after he's gone to bed, and I feel that that precious time is better spent working on other projects. It's been an adventure, one that took on a life of its own that I wasn't expecting (creative writing/character bios) and I'm proud that I continued with my commitment, until I said so!

I will still draw everyday and I will still post to my facebook fanpage everyday, but it may just not be the Copic markers on Bristol, 3.5 X 5.5" format. (Sometimes it will!) The exciting part is I am working on updating my portfolio, so there'll be lots of new and refreshing art to see!

And with that said, here's the cole's notes version of the previous week's worth of dailies, all animals!


Soooo I roughed out this sweet little panda and the only name that kept coming to me was "Po" (as in Kung Fu Panda), but I couldn't rightfully go with that...So I took it a step further and went with PoPo instead.

PoPo is a punctuation pol
iceman who eats, shoots, and leaves. He's a timid little law enforcer who needs to nibble when he's nervous, which is basically all the time. He packs heat, too, but his gun got lost in his fur folds. :/
Watch that you cross all your t's and dot all your i's, or he's a gonna comma getchu!

Copic markers and colored pencil on Bristol, 3.5 X 5.5"

Huge shout out to Lynne Truss of "Eats, Shoots & Leaves - The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation!" fame. xoxo
 
 

Elephant Shoes!

Copic markers and colored pencil on Bristol, 3.5 X 5.5"
 
 

I like you an ocelot!
:)

Copic markers and colored pencil on Bristol, 3.5 X 5.5"
 
 

Smoked fish.

Copic markers on Bristol, 3.5 X 5.5"
 
 

Cheeeeek-munk!

Copic markers and colored pencil on Bristol, 3.5 X 5.5"
 
 

F-owl

Copic markers on Bristol, 3.5 X 5.5"

 


Baby Ariel and Flounder

 Copic markers and colored pencil on Bristol, 11 X 14"

This Little Mermaid tribute 'bonus' artwork is a commission piece I managed to get done this past week as well. THIS is more of the stuff I'd be stoked to be uploading and blogging about on a daily & weekly basis, and I'm sure you fans and readers would agree, as that also means that the commission request lines open up again!

Can't wait to see what the rest of 2012 has in store!

xoxo
~LB!

No comments: