Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Emerald City Wrap

Well, where to begin!? Emerald City was...an experience!...


The night before I left Calgary, I received a call from my counterpart in Seattle who said that none of my inventory made it to the show. So I stayed up all night (re)packing all that I could manage. Fair enough. It's not the first all-nighter I've had to pull, and it won't be my last!


...Then I show up at the airport at 6:30 for an 8:00am flight, only to be told that my flight was booked for the wrong weekend, the wrong month altogether! whoopsie.


I still made it to Seattle that morning, via some quick thinking, a shot in the dark, and a little bit of kismet! And I was only about 2 hours behind schedule from the original plan! Not bad! ...Long story short, the lesson was reinforced that with focus and determination, anything is possible. That, and for the right price, a person could flee their current setting or circumstances in a heartbeat! Lol!


Anyway, the show was good, all things considered, but not surprisingly I came down with Con SARS rather immediately (as opposed to immediately-following) SO my apologies for spreading the plague due to my compromised, sleep-deprived immune system. Would I do it again?! Absolutely! Meeting fans and hanging with friends makes it all worth it in the end. True story! 


I did manage to get my portfolio uploaded online before travels, but it is still in its beta-testing phase. That is, it's been sent it to my tried and true network of pros, and is garnering feedback before getting the final spit-shine. Exciting times!


Anyway, I am still recovering, and have an early morning doctor appointment, so here is another image from said portfolio, as I inch ever closer to finalizing!


Ballet Trio
pencil on paper, and digital

Au revoir! Until we meet again next Wednesday!

xoxo
~LB!

1 comment:

Daisy Church said...

omg, i have totally been sick with con sars ever since i got back... so apologies if I gave it to YOU! ; D ha ha ha! oh, con plague... it always gets us....